It's Fall Y'all
Fall is in full swing and that means we are all preparing for sweater weather and pumpkin spice lattes (despite the negative press recently!!). We LOVE fall here at AKA, so we've put together a few of our favorite and most wanted items to kick off the best season of the year. Enjoy!
1) All the Wire hand stamped jewelry: I recently became obsessed with engrave-ables and I just love my 'skinny bar' stamped with my husband's name. It's an edgy take on the iconic Carrie Bradshaw nameplate.
2) Essie polish - Don't Sweater It: This polish is the perfect warm and fuzzy color for fall - no pun intended!
3) Sonia Kashuk Perfecting Luminous Foundation: I have super dry skin, especially in the fall and winter. I have tried all foundations - designer and drugstore - and I always find myself going back to this one. I don't even have to apply a moisturizer first! The price is an added bonus - found at Target!
4) Studio Mucci party decor: I'm a sucker for anything frilly that sparkles. Studio Mucci's tassel garland is so fun for a party, but is also cute for a closet or office space.
5) Local artist: Britt Bass Turner: Check out this Atlanta-based abstract artist - her paintings are exactly as she describes them: authentic, beautiful, and playful. I want them all!
6) Blue Vanilla parka coat: Love me some parkas. This one is on point with the quilted texture and tweed trimmings. Gotta have it!
7) Seychelles Good Advice bootie: For my last pick, I had trouble deciding between fur or fringe. I'm a sucker for both, but chose the latter because the parka above has my fur. Boom! These booties though...
1) Haute & Naughty mascara from MAC: This mascara is worth every last penny of the $22 price. It is a 2 in 1 applicator that helps lengthen and defining. When your husband compliments your eye lashes, it's the real deal. I swear by this and will never buy drugstore mascara again!
2) 35mm Sasha top (Fab'rik): I am weirdly obsessed with this graphic t-shirt. Throw on some skinny jeans or leggings and boots and it's the perfect outfit to run errands in.
3) Chanel Classic Coco Black Quilted Lamb: A girl can dream right?
4) DIY Wall Decor: I have a really empty large wall in my house. After four yeas of thinking we'd be out of here by now, I've decided to embrace it. According to Pinterest, it's as simple as scrapbook paper and frames of your choice... We shall see (update later!)
5) Checked Soft Scarf: Well really, I want this whole outfit, but I am loving this burnt orange color this fall. This oversized scarf has my name written all over it. added bonus... It matches just about everything in my closet
6) Creme Brûlée: We just made our first successful batch of creme brûlée. I am ready to venture into more flavors... Espresso, chocolate, caramel. Something about lighting sugar on fire... I love it!!
7) Leopard Pumps: Because I love all things leopard... And they'd look really cute with the red scarf listed above.
1) Tarte Power Pigment: Came across this amazing lip color when I was trying to find the perfect color and stain for my wedding. While it isn't exactly a stain (my husband refuses to kiss me with it on), if you leave it on long enough it dries out pretty well.
2) The Horse Leather Watch: This beaute. I love a classic styled watch that goes with everything. If it wasn't sold out it'd be sittin' pretty on my wrist as I write this. Here's to hoping they get more in stock asap.
3) Transport Tote: The Transport Tote, a simply beautiful piece of leather that comes together to create the perfect fall accessory. I've been coveting this bag for weeks now and finally took the plunge. I've added my new initials to it so I'm still waiting to sport it but can't wait to share!
4) Diptyque: The new Buckhead Atlanta shopping destination is bring the most decadent of candle stores and I can not wait to spend way too much money on these luxurious candles. Seriously though, they are the most aromatic candles I have ever experienced. Gardenia is one of my personal favorites but every scent is exquisite.
5) The Confident Woman: I've been on the hunt for a new devotional book and have been feeling very restless with certain aspects of life right now. This one really stuck out to me while on the search and so far it has been exactly what I needed.
7) Clubmaster Folding: I need these. That's all.